BD 367899 Vacutainer EDTA 6 mL Blood Collection Tubes 13mm x 75mm, 100/box
BD Medical 367899 Vacutainer® Plus Plastic EDTA Blood Collection Tubes, 13 x 100mm, 6mL Draw Volume, Crossmatch Label and Pink Hemogard™ Closure
BD Vacutainer EDTA Tubes are plastic sample tubes for collecting whole blood. These collection tubes are coated on the inside with K2EDTA (Potassium Ethylene Diamine Tetra Acetic acid). This material acts as an anticoagulant to prevent the samples from clotting.
These blood collection tubes also use the Hemogard closure. The Hemogard is designed to protect lab personnel, equipment, and other samples from coming into direct contact with the blood preventing contamination. This is accomplished with a rubber stopper that has a plastic shield and is recessed within the closure. The rubber stopper prevents blood from splashing when the tube is opened as well as from lining the outer rim of the tube.
Features and Benefits
- Latex Free
- Rubber Stopper Prevents Blood Spills
- BD Hemogard Prevents Contamination
- Lavender Cap Helps with Quick ID
- Diameter: 13mm
- Length: 75mm
- Material: Plastic
- BD Vacutainer® spray-coated EDTA blood collection tubes are used for whole blood hematology determinations, immunohematology testing and blood donor screening.
- Plastic Tube Size: 13 x 100mm. Draw Volume: 6mL.
- Pink Hemogard™ Closure
- Crossmatch Label
- Additive & Concentration: K₂EDTA (10.8mg)