Ciclopirox Gel 0.77% Skin Gel, 30 grams
$ 53.95 $ 99.95
Ciclopirox Gel 0.77% is a white, fluid gel that has a hydroxypyridone antifungal agent although the relevance of this property for the indication of seborrheic dermatitis is not known. Ciclopirox acts by chelation of polyvalent cations (Fe3+ or Al3+), resulting in the inhibition of the metal-dependent enzymes that are responsible for the degradation of peroxides within the fungal cell.
Size: 30 grams
Superficial Dermatophyte Infections Ciclopirox GeI,0.77% is indicated for the topical treatment of interdigital tinea pedis and tinea corporis due to Trichophytonrubrum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, or Epidermophyton floccosum. Seborrheic Dermatitis Ciclopirox Gel,0.77% is indicated for the topical treatment of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp.
Generic to: LOPROX®
Ciclopirox Gel, 0.77% is not for ophthalmic, oral, or intravaginal use.
Keep out of reach of children.
If a reaction suggesting sensitivity or chemical irritation should occur with the use of Ciclopirox Gel, 0.77%, treatment should be discontinued and appropriate therapy instituted. A transient burning sensation may occur, especially after application to sensitive areas. Avoid contact with eyes. Efficacy of Ciclopirox Gel, 0.77% in immunosuppressed individuals has not been studied.
Seborrheic dermatitis in association with acne, atopic dermatitis, Parkinsonism, psoriasis and rosacea has not been studied with Ciclopirox Gel, 0.77%. Efficacy in the treatment of plantar and vesicular types of tinea pedis has not been established.
Information for Patients
The patient should be told the following:
- 1. Use Ciclopirox Gel, 0.77% as directed by the physician. Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes. Ciclopirox Gel, 0.77% is for external use only.
- 2. Use the medication for fungal infections for the full treatment time even though symptoms may have improved, and notify the physician if there is no improvement after 4 weeks.
- 3. A transient burning/stinging sensation may be felt. This may occur in approximately 15% to 20% of cases, when Ciclopirox Gel, 0.77% is used to treat seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp.
- 4. Inform the physician if the area of application shows signs of increased irritation or possible sensitization (redness with itching, burning, blistering, swelling, and/or oozing).
- 5. Avoid the use of occlusive dressings.
- 6. Do not use this medication for any disorder other than that for which it is prescribed.