Haloperidol Decanoate Injection 100 mg Single Dose Vial- Somerset
Haloperidol decanoate is used for long-term treatment of a certain mental/mood disorder (schizophrenia). It may be used in people who have trouble remembering to take medication every day. This medicine helps you to think more clearly, feel less nervous, and take part in everyday life.
Benefits of Using Haloperidol Decanoate Injection
- Short-term prevention of psychotic relapse: Haloperidol decanoate injection 100 mg single dose vial is an effective short-term prophylactic against the recurrence or exacerbation of psychotic symptoms.
- Reduced side effect overall: Studies have shown that single dose injections are associated with significantly fewer myotonia, tardive dyskinesia, and other movement-related side effects than with other haloperidol treatment protocols.
- Preventative Maintenance for Schizophrenia: Haloperidol Decanoate injection can be used for maintenance therapy in schizophrenic patients who have benefited from this medication in the treatment of acute symptoms.
- Longer-Lasting Relief: Due to the use of decanoic acid, which acts as a time-release agent for the active drug, haloperidol decanoate injection provides mental health relief up to three months following a single dose.
- Reduced Injection Frequency: Traditional oral doses of haloperidol are taken between four and twelve times daily. A single dose of haloperidol decanoate injection, however, eliminates the need for daily dosing and drastically reduces the amount of injections required.
- Improved Compliance: Since patients on haloperidol decanoate injection are injected only every three months, compliance issues are dramatically reduced.
- Reduced sedative effect: Haloperidol's sedative effect is substantially reduced with decanoate formulation, whereas its anti-psychotic effects remain intact.
Instructions on How to Use Haloperidol Decanoate Injection
1. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after handling the injection.
2. Carefully remove the cap from the vial.
3. Prepare a clean injection site by cleaning the skin with an alcohol swab.
4. Insert the needle into the injection site and slowly draw the solution into the syringe.
5. Inject the solution into the injection site at a 90-degree angle.
6. After the injection is complete, carefully dispose of the used needle, syringe and vial.
7. Apply pressure to the injection site to stop any bleeding.
8. Monitor for any reactions such as redness, swelling or pain at the injection site.
9. Contact your doctor if any of these reactions occur.
10. Do not share this medication with anyone else.
Haloperidol Decanoate Injection 100 mg Single Dose Vial is used as a long-acting intramuscular injection that is used to treat mental, emotional, and behavioral difficulties, including schizophrenia. Haloperidol Decanoate Injection 100 mg has been commonly used as past of antipsychotic therapy combined with other drug therapies for continued stabilization for conditions, like schizophrenia, stepidity, acute psychosis, florid mania and Execessive psychomotor excitation. Haloperidol Decanoate Injection 100 mg is given in a single dose vial of 100 mg, or can be given up to higher doses based on duration and severity of treatment as prescribed by a medical professional. Haloperidol Decanoate Injection 100 mg facilitates a successful treatment with effective reduction and stabilization of psychiatric symptoms and various other abnormal behaviors. Haloperidol Decanoate Injection 100 mg provides excellent treatment for improved quality of living, as long as it's being used along with regular clinical inspections.
What is the difference between haloperidol and haloperidol decanoate?
Haloperidol lactate is a short acting parenteral solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration. Haloperidol decanoate is a long‐acting intramuscular preparation. Patients generally prefer oral haloperidol, a convenient route involving no punctures.
Haloperidol is a first-generation (typical) antipsychotic that is a commonly used drug worldwide. Haloperidol is used to manage positive symptoms of schizophrenia, such as hallucinations and delusions.