Remote Display Digital Scale
$ 335.00 $ 429.95
The Remote Display Digital Scale is a convenient and versatile scale used to provide fast, accurate, and reliable weight measurements. Unlike many other types of scales, this digital scale has a versatile remote display head, which can be mounted to a wall, placed on a table or other surface, or held by the operator. With a maximum capacity weight limit of up to 500 lbs. and a low platform height with a 13” wide weighing surface, this scale is designed to accommodate bariatric patients and provide a more comfortable weighing experience. Using the EMR connectivity (and connecting the scale to electronic devices via USB ) helps improve the accuracy of electronic medical records by eliminating the potential for incorrectly recorded patient data.
Remote Display Digital Scale Features:
- Functions: LB / KG Conversion, LB / KG Lock Out, Body Mass Index (BMI), Zero Out / Tare, Hold / Release, Auto Zero, Auto Off
- Remote display can be mounted on a wall or placed on a table
- EMR connectivity via USB
- Low profile platform
- Factory calibrated
A few reasons to use this scale:
- This scale has a low-profile platform and maximum capacity weight limit of up to 500 lbs. to accommodate bariatric patients.
- This scale also has a remote display that can be handheld, wall mounted, or placed on a table/countertop surface
- This scale can also connect to electronic devices (via USB cable) to automatically transmit weight measurements and reduce errors associated with recording measurements
- Capacity: 500 lbs. / 220 kg
- Resolution: 0.2 lbs. / 0.1 kg
- Platform Size: 13¾” (w) x 16½” (d) x 2-3/8” (h) / 349 mm (w) x 419 mm (d) x 60 mm (h)
- Display: 1” LCD
- Connectivity: USB
- Power Source: 6 AA batteries included
- 2 Year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Weight: 16.25 lbs.
Instructions for Use:
Please note that these instructions are not intended to be used as a substitute for the instructions outlined in the manual accompanying this unit. For optimal results, please read and follow all instructions outlined in the user manual.
Prior to use, this unit requires some basic assembling. Please follow all instructions for assembly, which are located within the product manual for this unit. It is recommended that the assembly of this unit be performed by two individuals. The tools required for the assembly of this scale include a Phillips head screwdriver (not included). Please note that the anchors and anchoring screws required to wall mount the display are not included with this unit. Please follow all wall-mounting instructions, which are located within the product manual.
Transporting the scale:
- Verify that the unit is powered off and then unplug the AC adapter and USB cable from the display pad and unplug the AC adapter from the outlet.
- Remove the display pad and bracket from its current position
- Keep the AC adapter, USB cable, display pad, and brackets together
- When transporting and/or storing this unit, make sure the adapter jack and USB port are positioned facing upwards to prevent damaging them.
Weighing a Patient:
This scale enables the weight of objects, such as a wheelchair or walker, to be subtracted from the total weight to determine the actual weight of a patient without all the hardships placed on the patient and operator of the scale by eliminating the cumbersome needs of removing the patient from their wheelchair for the weighing process.
This scale has the capability of automatically calculate the actual weight by using the Tare Function, or the tare weight can manually be entered using the keypad. Please follow all instructions for using the Tare Function, which are outlined in detail within the product manual accompanying this unit.
This scale also has the capability of automatically calculating a patient’s body mass index (BMI). To calculate a patient’s BMI, please follow all instructions outlined in product manual for the BMI function.
Additionally, this scale also has the ability to connect with electronic devices for enhanced reliability and accuracy of recording weight measurements. For more information on the EMR connectivity of this scale and instructions outlining how to use the EMR connectivity feature, please refer to the product manual accompanying this device.
Basic instructions for weighing a patient:
- Check to make sure there isn’t anything on the weighing platform.
- Turn the scale on by pressing the ON/OFF button once.
- Wait until the display screen reads “0.0LB” or “0.0KG”.
- Carefully guide the patient onto the scale.
- The scale will lock onto the patient’s weight and display the information of the screen.
- While the patient is still on the scale, to enhance the accuracy of readings it is recommended to perform a second weighing by pressing the REWEIGH button.
- Press the HOLD/RELEASE button to keep the weight info held on the display screen.
- After the measurement has been recorded, carefully guide the patient off the scale.
- Press the ON/OFF button once to turn the scale off.
Manufacturer: Health o meter Professional
Product number: 498KL
If you’re looking for a more versatile scale, but you don’t want to sacrifice accuracy or reliability, then a remote display scale might be just what you’re looking for. Browse through our website and check out the variety of scales we have to offer and order yours today. You can place an order using our conveniently easy to use website or by calling us at 1-888-687-4334 to speak with one of our friendly and experienced Medical Supply Specialists and place an order by phone.