Sandoz Neomycin, Polymyxin B and Hydrocortisone Combination Ear Drops, 10 mL
Neomycin, polymyxin B, and hydrocortisone combination ear drops is used to treat infections of the ear canal and to help provide relief from redness, irritation, and discomfort of certain ear problems. It is also used to treat ear infections as a complication after ear surgery (eg, mastoidectomy, fenestration). Neomycin and polymyxin B belong to the class of medicines known as antibiotics. They work by killing the bacteria or preventing their growth. Hydrocortisone is a steroid medicine that is used to relieve the redness, itching, and swelling caused by ear infections.
- 10ml dropper bottle
- Corticoid for anti-inflammatory action
- Fights common infectious bacteria
- For external auditory canal infections
- Hydrocortisone, Neomycin Sulfate, Polymyxin B Sulfate
Dosage and Administration
- Adults: 4 drops of solution are to be instilled to the affected area 3-4 times daily
- Children: 3 drops of solution are to be instilled to the affected area 3-4 times daily
- After administration, the affected ear should be kept in an upward position for 5 minutes to facilitate penetration.
*Usage should not exceed 10 consecutive days
What bacteria does Neomycin Polymyxin Hydrocortisone 1% treat?
- Staphylococcus Aureus
- Escherichia Coli
- Haemophilus Influenzae
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa