SPEAR (Simplified Pneumothorax Emergency Air Release) Device
This item is now special order and it will take 2-6 weeks to ship. If the item is ordered it will be backordered from your shipment and sent when available.
The Simplified Pneumothorax Emergency Air Release Device is a revolutionary device that helps to quickly and easily release air from the chest cavity of a patient suffering from a pneumothorax. The device is easy to use and can be operated by anyone, even those with no medical training. It is an invaluable tool for paramedics, nurses, and doctors, and can be used in the field or in the hospital. The Simplified Pneumothorax Emergency Air Release Device can save lives and improve the quality of care for patients suffering from this condition.
SPEAR (Simplified Pneumothorax Emergency Air Release) Device is the latest innovation in needle decompression technology. The versatile device has been designed and developed based directly on science, user feedback, and known gaps in the management of tension pneumothorax. Each design feature has been carefully crafted to enhance the user experience and increase the probability of success when a life is on the line. The convenient device allows either lateral decompression or traditional anterior needle thoracostomy. The SPEAR device features a sharper needle point, reducing the amount of force required to insert the needle, as well as a spin-lock feature that helps prevent premature separation between the needle and catheter. To help with confirmation of depth and success, the device has centimeter depth markings and a detachable, low pressure one-way check valve that creates an audible whistle as air rushes through. The one-way valve can be removed from the needle and either reapplied to the catheter or left off entirely, according to local protocols. Upon removal of the needle, the remaining catheter is a flexible, kink-resistant material with a soft tip to lessen the impact on possible tissue contact. Also, the catheter features 3 fenestrations (holes) along the length to aid in air flow.
- Latest innovation in Needle Decompression technology
- Designed based on known gaps in the management of tension pneumothorax
- Sharper needle point for easier insertion
- User friendly features like spin-lock connection, depth markings, and detachable low-pressure one-way valve
- Fenestrations along catheter for additional air flow
- Familiar, rugged, pen-style case for ease of storage and deployment
- Allows either lateral decompression or traditional anterior needle thoracostomy
- Catheter made of flexible kink-resistant material with a soft tip
- Single use only. Supplied sterile