Varibar Nectar Barium Sulfate Oral Suspension 40% w/v 240 mL, 12/Case
(Note: We don’t Fill Personal Prescriptions)
How to Order:
Varibar Nectar Barium Sulfate Oral Suspension 40% is indicated for use in modified barium swallow examinations to evaluate the oral and pharyngeal function and morphology in adult and pediatric patients.
Varibar Necta Oral suspension: barium sulfate (40% w/v) supplied in a multiple dose HDPE plastic bottle as a suspension for oral administration. Each bottle contains 240 mL of suspension.
- The recommended dose of Varibar Nectar administered orally by syringe, spoon, or cup:
- Adults 5 mL
- Pediatric patients 6 months and older 1-3 mL
- Pediatric patients younger than 6 months of age 0.5-1 mL
(This amount may be administered by an oral syringe or, alternatively, an infant bottle)
- During a single modified barium swallow examination, multiple doses of Varibar Nectar may be administered as appropriate to assess the patient during multiple swallows and different radiographic views.
- The maximum cumulative dose is 30 mL.
- Once opened, write the discard after date on the immediate container label. Discard any unused product after 21 days.