AVO Cream Wound Care Dressing Topical Emulsion
AVO Cream Topical Emulsion is a water-based emulsion formulated for the dressing and management of superficial wounds, minor abrasions, dermal ulcers, donor sites, 1st and 2nd degree burns, including sunburns, and radiation dermatitis. When applied properly to a wound, AVO Cream Topical Emulsion provides an optimum moist environment for the healing process and provides temporary wound protection from harmful germs and other external contamination.
AVO Cream Topical Emulsion is indicated for use in:
- Full Thickness Wounds, Pressure Sores, Dermal Ulcers including Lower Leg Ulcers
- Superficial Wounds
- 1st and 2nd Degree Burns, including Sunburns
- Dermal Donor and Graft Site Management
- Radiation Dermatitis
- Minor Abrasions
AVO Cream Topical Emulsion is for topical use only as directed by a healthcare professional.
Wounds, Abrasions, Full Thickness Wounds, Dermal Graft Site Management and Donor Site Management.
- Wash the affected area(s) with saline, clean water, or a suitable wound cleanser.
- Apply AVO Cream Topical Emulsion on and around the affected area(s) in thick layers 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- If applying gauze dressing, moisten the dressing lightly before application.
- Reapply AVO Cream Topical Emulsion as described above every 24 to 48 hours or as directed until the wound or lesion has healed fully.
- For donor site management, apply AVO Cream Topical Emulsion after skin removal and cover with a moist dressing. Reapply as directed.
- For dermal graft site management, apply AVO Cream Topical Emulsion to the graft site only after the graft has taken successfully. AVO Cream Topical Emulsion can be washed away with a saline solution or clean water without causing damage to the newly formed tissues.
1st and 2nd Degree Burns, including Sunburns
- Before application of AVO Cream Topical Emulsion to burns, take precaution in removing any clothing in the affected area(s).
- Apply AVO Cream Topical Emulsion as soon as possible on and around the affected area(s), in a thick 1/4 to 1/2 inch layer until the skin no longer absorbs the product. A white waxy residue may remain. If pain from burn persists, apply thinner layers of AVO Cream Topical Emulsion until the pain has ceased.
- Continue to apply AVO Cream Topical Emulsion until the affected area(s) has healed completely
- Application of AVO Cream Topical Emulsion to the affected area(s) should continue during any subsequent physical therapy treatments.
- Apply a generous amount of AVO Cream Topical Emulsion three times per day, seven days a week to the treated area(s), gently massaging the area(s) until AVO Cream Topical Emulsion is completely absorbed.
- AVO Cream Topical Emulsion may be applied as indicated by the treating physician (see WARNINGS).
- Continue to apply AVO Cream Topical Emulsion as described above until the skin has fully recovered.
- Do not interrupt applications during the course of radiation therapy, even for one day.
- Do not apply AVO Cream Topical Emulsion 4 hours prior to a radiation session.
Ingredients: AVO Cream Topical Emulsion contains algin, avocado oil, cetyl palmitate, glycol stearate, mineral oil, paraffin, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium methylparaben, sodium propylparaben, squalane, stearic acid and triethanolamine.