Padagis Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray 4 mg (2 Dose Pack)
Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray is indicated for the emergency treatment of known or suspected opioid overdose, as manifested by respiratory and/or central nervous system depression.
Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray is intended for immediate administration as emergency therapy in settings where opioids may be present.
Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray is not a substitute for emergency medical care.
Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray is for intranasal use only.
No additional device assembly is required.
Because treatment of suspected opioid overdose must be performed by someone other than the patient, instruct the prescription recipient to inform those around them about the presence of Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray and the Instructions for Use.
Instruct the patient or caregiver to read the Instructions for Use at the time they receive a prescription for Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray. Emphasize the following instructions to the patient or caregiver:
- •Administer Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray as quickly as possible because prolonged respiratory depression may result in damage to the central nervous system or death. Since the duration of action of most opioids exceeds that of naloxone hydrochloride and the suspected opioid overdose may occur outside of supervised medical settings, seek immediate emergency medical assistance, keep the patient under continued surveillance until emergency personnel arrive, and administer repeated doses of Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray, as necessary. Always seek emergency medical assistance in the event of a suspected, potentially life-threatening opioid emergency after administration of the first dose of Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray.
- •Additional doses of Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray may be required until emergency medical assistance becomes available.
- •Do not attempt to reuse Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray. Each Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray contains a single dose of naloxone and cannot be reused.
- •Re-administer Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray, using a new nasal spray, every 2 to 3 minutes if the patient does not respond or responds and then relapses into respiratory depression.
- •Administer Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray in alternate nostrils with each dose.
- •Administer Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray according to the printed instructions on the device label and the Instructions for Use.
- •Place the patient in the supine position. Prior to administration, be sure the device nozzle is inserted in either nostril of the patient, and provide support to the back of the neck to allow the head to tilt back. Do not prime or test the device prior to administration.
- •To administer the dose, press firmly on the device plunger.
- •Remove the device nozzle from the nostril after use.
- •Turn patient on their side as shown in the Instructions for Use and call for emergency medical assistance immediately after administration of the first dose of Naloxone HCl Nasal Spray.