Prevantics Topical CHG Skin Swabs, 100/Box
$ 18.29 $ 27.95
Prevantics Swabs are a topical antiseptic used for preparation of a patient's skin prior to an injection. Single step, broad spectrum, persistent antiseptic that significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on intact skin. Prevantics contain Chlorhexidine gluconate 3.15% w/v and Isopropyl alcohol 70% v/v. FDA approved for use on surgical sites or injection sites, these antiseptic swabs have been proven to quickly and persistently kill bacteria and promote antimicrobial activity for up to 7 days.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- Maximum treatment area for one swab is approximately 2.5 by 2.5 inches (6 by 6 cm).
- Tear open packet and remove swab. Do not unfold swab.
- Prior to injection, apply swab to the procedure site by holding swab between thumb and index finger. Apply swab to skin using repeated back-and-forth strokes for 15 seconds.
- Do not blot or wipe dry
- Discard after a single use
- 3.15% Chlorhexidine Gluconate (w/v) and 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (v/v)
- Equivalent to 268 mg of Chlorhexidine Gluconate per pouch
- Topical skin antiseptic
- Significantly reduces micoorganisms on intact skin
- Provides minimal risk of skin irritation
- Made in USA
Category: Topical Antiseptic
Medical Audience: Patients receiving injections, IV's, and treatments.
Alternative names: Sani-Hands, Hibiclens, Hibistat
Warnings: For external use only. Flammable, keep away from fire or flame. Do not use with electrocautery procedures. Do not use on ptaients with allergies to chorhexidine gluconate or isopropyl alcohol. Do not use for lumbar punctures or in contact with the menings. Do not use on open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser. Keep out of the reach of children.
Single step, broad spectrum, persistent antiseptic that significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on intact skin. Helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection. PDI Prevantics Swabs Antiseptic is equivalent to 167 mg of Chlorhexidine Gluconate per pouch.
Preinjection Skin Preparation provide you with a cost-effective way to sanitize the skin and help prevent most pathogens, such as bacteria, fungi/yeast and viruses. By effectively treating the site, you can decrease the cost of treatment for you and your patient.