ColoScreen Occult Blood Tests 100 Slides, 2 x 15mL Developers, Applicators, 100/bx
ColoScreen Occult Blood Test for the Laboratory is a guaiac slide test used to detect occult blood in the fecal stool. Designed to help diagnose a number of gastrointestinal disorders from stool samples. 100 occult tests per box.
ColoScreen, like all guaiac paper tests for occult blood testing, is based on the oxidation of phenolic compounds present in the guaiac (i.e. guaiaconic acids) to quinones resulting in production of the blue color.
When a fecal specimen containing occult blood is applied to the test paper, contact is made between hemoglobin and the guaia. A pseudoperoxidase reaction will occur upon the addition of the developer solution, with a blue chromagen formed proportionally to the concentration of hemoglobins. The color reaction will occur after 30 seconds.
- Detects gastrointestinal disorders
- In-vitro diagnostic use
- Guaiac impregnanted paper
ColoScreen Occult LabTests Includes:
- 100 ColoScreen Slides containing guaiac impregnated paper
- 2 x 15 mL ColoScreen developer containing <6% stabilized hydrogen peroxide in denatured alcohol
- 100 ColoScreen occult specimen applicators
Manufacture: Helena Laboratories
Product number: 5072
Dimensions: 3 x 7 x 4