Nasopharyngeal Airway Tubes, Robertazzi Style, 10/Box - McKesson
An NP airway is a medical device that can be used to maintain an open airway in a patient who is unable to maintain an open airway on their own. The device is inserted into the nose and passed down the throat until it rests just below the voice box. It is then inflated, which holds the airway open.
Nasopharyngeal Airways (NPAs) are an essential tool for managing difficult airways. They are otolaryngologist-preferred for a myriad of reasons: their small size and propensity for less blood aspiration, their effectiveness in bypassing the obstructing pharyngeal bolus, and their lack of an endotracheal cuff. NPAs are inserted easily using a laryngoscope blade and then gently passed into the nasopharynx.
The NPA is then inflated with a small amount of air, which holds it in place. The advantage of the NPA is that it can be passed through the hypopharynx and into the larynx without causing an increase in intracranial pressure. The main disadvantage of the NPA is that it is often ineffective in patients with a history of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- McKesson Robertazzi Nasopharyngeal Airway Kit
- Assortment of airway sizes provides an ideal solution for crash carts and other emergency services
- Includes 9 foil packets of sterile, water-based lubricating jelly
- For quick and safe airway patency without intubation
- Flexible neoprene aids in patient comfort and performs like latex airways without the risk of allergic reactions
- Soft material helps prevents damage to nasal passage
- Blunt tip features a rounded bevel design for easy lead-in and gentle insertion
- Packaging designed with large size and specification notation for accurate selection
- Includes individually packaged airways and lube jelly packets to provide convenience and secured sterility
- Not made with natural rubber latex.
- Packaged: 1 Kit Per Box